Managing a facility can be challenging, but a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) can streamline the process. When properly integrated, a CMMS allows data-driven analyses of your facility, taking the guesswork out of preventive maintenance schedules, labor allocation, and inventory control. A CMMS report is customizable according to your facility’s specific needs and enhances facility maintenance in a variety of ways.
CMMS Features and Functionality
The core of a CMMS is its database. Data is generated through Internet of Things (IoT) devices which are further fed into a CMMS. CMMS utilizes software that centralizes maintenance information and facilitates the maintenance operations process.
The information in a CMMS database supports various system functions, enabling the various capabilities:
- Optimizes utilization of physical equipment
- Increases workflow visibility
- Consistency of knowledge transfer
- Regulates compliance & inventory management
- Distributes work requests
- Audit record organization
- Proactive & preventive maintenance
- Access to real-time information
- Budget functions
- Automates work request process
Benefits of Using a CMMS
Prior to CMMS software, data was challenging to centralize and consolidate as it was scattered through paper-based records or multiple spreadsheets. CMMS software allows the balancing of resources and maintains the costs to keep backlogs regulated.
Implementing CMMS into operations can provide the structure needed to ensure consistency as well as a multitude of benefits:
- Increases safety
- Less likely to have inconsistent workloads due to unexpected maintenance
- Enhances productivity
- Can improve company profitability through efficient use of resources and reduced operating costs
- Analyzes actual costs of equipment
- Reduces repair costs
- Access and update info anytime and anywhere
- Accomplish more with the same resources
- Greater control over parts inventory
- Reduce energy consumption and become a greener organization
Flagship’s CMMS performance routinely achieves up to 30% productivity improvement while enabling cost optimization in the range of 10% to 25%, all while maximizing reliability and asset life.
Flagship and CMMS
Flagship uses a global standard CMMS platform for asset management and maintenance, which our CMMS specialists manage. We further tailor the software to meet the client’s requirements and enable routine productivity improvements.
Along with the above-mentioned functions and benefits, Flagship’s CMMS implementation can also:
- Support capital planning
- Extend the life of assets
- Automate all aspects of maintenance operations
- Track labor, procurement, and expenses
- Administer safety instructions and hazard assessments
The software we use collects performance data on critical equipment and aligns work orders with the staff to perform the designated duties, and helps to identify trends in your business. The CMMS capabilities work with our facility management services and provide our clients with state-of-the-art facility management solutions.
The performance and ongoing functionality of Flagship’s quality management system is integrated with the deployment of CMMS software in your facilities. Our system standardizes the service delivery policy and continuous auditing of data structure integrity. We use software that enables the application of maintenance resources in the most cost-efficient and effective manner.