For nearly a century, this client has been a leading supplier of premium and luxury cars and vans. Its vehicles are manufactured in 17 countries and distributed all over the world. Headquartered in Europe, the company also operates a network of facilities across the United States. As the organization continues to grow, it seeks to provide pleasant, safe, and resource-friendly mobility to people everywhere.
In 2017, the client embarked on a mission to convert an outdated production facility to a multi-level manufacturing and assembly campus, which would become its largest U.S. location. But it wanted to avoid the fractionalization that typically occurs when managing large-scale facility projects. All too often, companies are forced to serve as the go-between for contractors and facility services providers to manage training, budgets, deadlines, and other key items.
The client needed a partner willing to enter at the ground level and take control of the project as well as day-to-day facility activities so that it could remain focused on its core competencies. Ultimately, the client turned to Flagship for its project management expertise and post-construction facilities maintenance capabilities.
Flagship enacted a six-point plan to deliver on the new manufacturing and assembly facilities and support the client through full-scale production:
- Initiation – Flagship organizes all sub-contractors and initiates the project plan.
- Oversight – Once ground is broken on the facility, Flagship provides high-level oversight to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- System Implementation – Flagship staff implement critical facility systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Completion – Flagship appoints specialized service vendors (i.e., landscaping and security) and supervises final checks and certifications.
- Continuation – As production ramps up, Flagship increases staff and begins selfperforming all facilities maintenance activities.
- Expansion – Flagship assists with additional construction projects and drives new efficiencies that result in significant cost savings for the client.
Not only did Flagship help deliver a state-of-the-art manufacturing and assembly campus, but it has served the client through additional expansion as well as a global pandemic. Since the relationship began, Flagship has scaled with the client to provide an array of services, including project management, CMMS implementation, routine maintenance and work-order management, inventory control, critical facilities management, and janitorial services.
While Flagship is established enough to provide top-tier facilities management, it is nimble enough to support the client as circumstances shift and operations fluctuate. With several more projects underway, Flagship is honored to join the company on its path to global success.
Take the Flagship Provides Global 50 Client with End-to-End Facilities Support with you, download a PDF version of it now.
Stay up to date with the latest facility management tips and news.