Flagship is proud to announce that our client, Mineta San José International Airport (SJC), is the first California airport to earn global accreditation status for having the highest levels of cleanliness and safety.
In the midst of the current pandemic, SJC achieves the distinction according to new recognition from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) and the GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program.
With the help of Flagship, SJC is continuously disinfected and deep cleaned by highly trained and experienced staff. Frontline employees have helped create a positive airport experience based on safety, cleanliness and disinfection.
“We are extremely honored by this global recognition,” said John Aitken, Director of Aviation at Mineta San José International Airport. “This GBAC Star rating is the result of ongoing and tireless efforts by our staff and contractors, who as frontline workers, have continued to show up to work every day throughout this pandemic. Their work has kept our airport operational and continues to ensure that everyone here can work and travel safely.”
The Airport has deployed numerous health and safety measures throughout the airport to ensure safe and healthy travel in response to the COVD-19 pandemic. Some steps include:
- On-site COVID-19 testing
- Face coverings requirement
- Regular, deep cleanings using electrostatic sprayers to disinfect hard-to-reach areas
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Installation of plexiglass shields
- Social distancing signage
- Partitions in restrooms to provide additional protection
- Escalator handrails with innovative ultraviolet light (UVC) devices installed to disinfect handrail surfaces killing up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, and restoring a freshly sanitized surface for each person to grasp.
Please visit www.flysanjose.com/coronavirus for more information about SJC’s health and safety measures.
The Airport said that it welcomes the acknowledgment as the accreditation helps reassure the traveling public that it is doing everything possible to protect public safety.